Over the last two decades, the Region of Peel has experienced phenomenal population and business growth, and expects to grow by another 100,000 people by 2025. To manage this expected growth and realise the region’s full potential, the Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project will provide fast, efficient, and cost-effective mobility solutions to residents and visitors alike, with further connections to communities across Mississauga and Brampton.
- 18 km of LRT from Port Credit GO Station to Brampton Gateway Terminal
- 1 Station, 18 Stops
- Dedicated Operations Control Centre (OCC)/Backup Control Centre (BCC)
- Dedicated LEED-certified OMSF.
- Design, construction, and commissioning of any additional Third Party Infrastructure.
- Manufacturing, delivery, storage, and maintenance of 28 Revenue Vehicles.
- A 30-year Service Contract to perform operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation per the specifications in the Project Agreement.
What we did
SEMP was engaged to deliver the CENELEC compliance Safety and RAM analysis, and Human Factors analysis, throughout all design phases:
- The Safety analyses conducted, for normal or degraded or emergency operating conditions, ensured Safety is inherent in the design and support solution to assure owners, operators, and passengers benefit from a safe mass transit system.
- The RAM analyses conducted ensured RAM performance is inherent in the design and support solution to assure owners, operators, and passengers benefit from a cost effective and reliable mass transit system.
- The Human Factors (HF) analysis, along with engagement with project stakeholders provided Human Factors Integration (HFI) for all design considerations to enable successful Entry into Service of the mass transit system.